I actually had success with making a checklist, and I feel I should make another one. I've noticed my apartment getting a little "fuller", since I've now lived here for over 1.5 years. Staying in one spot is uncommon for me, I moved a lot after college. This checklist won't be 100% minimalism, as it'll focus a lot on inventorying and putting like-items together. I believe though, once I'm more organized, I can work on reducing the number of items I have and the things that eat up my time.
- Organize my technology/cables/devices into one area
- Inventory my cooking supplies/utensils
- This will help with eventual food prep
- Update my inventory of clothes
- Donate those that I don't use.
- Sort through my food in cupboards/fridge/freezer, and bring soonish expiring food to the front to use/eat.
- Uninstall 5 apps from my phone
- I used to do this a lot and I enjoyed doing it. It kept me accountable to removing apps on my phone that I didn't need.
- Put all loose papers in one area.
- Create a mail processing bin near my front door.
I think this is a good list to start with and maybe I can start 2019 being more organized.