Things that have helped me stay on target this month -
- Having a nice format for my budget
- This took a lot of tinkering in excel/google sheets to figure out the format I liked
- Banking Apps on my phone
- Logging in with a finger print makes it easier to regularly check my spending
- Picking a day to not spend any money with "a plastic" (Credit card/debit card)
- Sometimes it's nice to let banking/spending accounts settle for a day.
I haven't listened to Dave Ramsey in the past week, because work and life have picked up in busyness, and I've been playing a lot of Fornite :) I need to listen to Dave again to get reinvigorated on budgeting and saving money.
What (should) be cool at the end of the month is seeing the leftover money I have. Part of my budget is investing money, so the leftover money can be used for anything I want.
How do you keep track of your money/budget?