Thinking long-term, what would sustainability look like for the average person? Ideally, this is what it'd look like for me -
- I'd wake up in the morning and take a shower with water that was heated by a solar panel on my roof.
- I'd go to work in a self-driving car by Google, that knows to come pick me up every day. I would not own this car, but would pay per use.
- I'd be able to recycle all of my lunch items, and compost any leftover food waste.
- I'd ride home in a self-driving car by Google.
- I'd make dinner with vegetables grown from my own garden, or neighborhood community garden.
- I'd play video games using electricity from a local community solar panel co-op.
Some of these things will take time, infrastructure, and a culture change. We can speed these items up the more we're involved in it now.