I bought one share of T for $32.65. Below is my dividend history while owning T.
T Dividend Payment Dates
- Nov 2, 2015 - $0.47/share
- Feb 1, 2016 - $0.48/share
- May 2, 2016 - $0.48/share
- Aug 1, 2016 - $0.48/share
- Nov 1, 2016 - $0.48/share
- Feb 1, 2017 - $0.49/share
- May 1, 2017 - $0.49/share
- Aug 1, 2017 - $0.49/share
- Nov 1, 2017 - $0.49/share
- Feb 2, 2017 - $0.50/share
- May 1, 2017 - $0.50/share
The upcoming dividend is $0.50/share. The ex-dividend date is this Monday, July 9th, so if you wanted to get this latest dividend, you would have needed to bought shares of T by today.
T pays dividends four times a year, so $0.50/dividend * 4 dividends/year = $2.00/year
$2.00/year in dividends / $32.65 purchase price = 6.13% dividend yield. Nice.
Lets say in five years, following the trend of AT&T increasing their dividend by a penny a year, each quarter's dividend would be $0.55/share.
$0.55/dividend * 4 dividends/year = $2.20/year
$2.20/year in dividends / $32.65 purchase price = 6.74% dividend yield. I'm not saying this is going to happen, because the future of stocks is unpredictable.
Do you own AT&T stock?