- General Mills stock ticker is GIS
- GIS closed at $60.94 this past Friday
- I briefly held GIS stock last year and received a $0.44 dividend
- Current dividend payment is $0.48
- If I buy the stock around $60.94, it'd be a 3.15% yield.
- According to dividend.com, payout ratio is 62.1%
- The next ex-dividend date will probably be around January 9th, 2017.
- GIS is headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota, the state I currently live in.
- GIS has been around for 150 years.
I went to an antique/thrift store yesterday. I saw this iron by General Mills. Knowing this company is well established, plus the reasons listed above, is the reason I'm looking into buying this stock.