- Busier highways/interstates. You're not going to be the only one traveling.
- Is your car running? Plane tickets purchased?
- Does your family or do the in-laws even know you're coming?
- Is my pet going to be scared of the fireworks?
- Will shooting off fireworks annoy/bother my neighbors?
- Do I have life jackets for my boat?
- Do I have a designated driver?
- Do I have the local TAXI company phone number?
- Is there UBER in my area? Will it be busier due to the holiday?
We can't plan for everything, but at least having a plan can help decrease your chances of something bad or unexpected happening.
Whatever you do, don't drink and drive, and don't let someone you know drink and drive.
Have a good weekend!