- I will physically be with my family tomorrow. They are the most important people I would need to get in touch with by my cell phone.
- For family that won't be around tomorrow, they all live really far away. If I missed a call, I unfortunately wouldn't be able to assist/help anyways.
- Hanging out with some friends last night just reaffirmed how attached we are to our smartphones.
- A majority of my friends will be doing something Thanksgiving related tomorrow, and none of their days are going to be any more special than mine. (Call me Nancy, Negative Nancy).
- It will be a good test for me. I'm interested to see how I would feel/think/react not having it.
- Everyone else will have their phones for any potential emergencies/necessary calls.
I'm not making any suggestions that anyone else do this, it's just something I'm thinking of doing. I also have the luxury of not traveling very far for Thanksgiving, so it's not like my phone will be completely out of reach.
I can already expect a lot of Thanksgiving posts, tweets, snaps, and instagrams of food tomorrow. I don't need to be looking at other people's Thanksgivings while I'm participating in my own. I think a short recap at the end of the day will suffice.